During June I’m going to talk about my PR & Business Retreat and set out some reasons why you might want to invest in the learning and the experience. This week I’m talking venue!
Why would anyone want to go on a retreat for business? One of the reasons is to get away from the day to day operations of a business and really immerse yourself in the subject. Another might be the location of the event…
My retreat is taking place in the most luxurious, stunning location – a hotel set in 1,000 acres on Cheshire/Welsh border, at Carden Park Hotel, Cheshire’s Country Estate.
The hotel is situated in an excellent spot to travel around Cheshire and further afield. Chester is eight miles to the north, Wrexham nine miles to the west and travelling 35 miles east, to Stoke on Trent, Liverpool is about 39 miles north and the Welsh border, only five minutes away – and Wales is one of my favourite places on earth!
The hotel, which has been an independent hotel since 2014 even has its own commercial vineyard. The land was acquired in the early 17th century by the Leche Family. A Hall was built, the grounds were landscaped and stocked with deer. However, during the English Civil War, Cromwell’s troops ransacked the hall, but incredibly, it survived. Then in 1912, the main Hall burnt down in a fire, allegedly after someone dropped a cigarette at a party.
Carden Park was bought by private owner, Steve Morgan who undertook the restoration and constructed the golf courses. It opened its doors as a hotel on 5th June 1997.
The gardens are beautifully laid out, with, for summer months, an outdoor pool, and the grounds also contain two championship, award winning golf courses.
All 198 beautiful rooms were refurbished in 2017, in both the main hotel, and also the new Carden Luxury Suites.
10 features of the hotel:
- The estate which covers 1,000 acres, including a 3-acre vineyard which produces Carden Estate sparkling wine.
- The £10 million Spa at Carden built in 2020. Within the spa, you can choose from a huge range of treatments on offer, from massage and body experiences, facials, hand and foot treatments, and exclusive, signature treatments.
- There is an Indoor hydrotherapy pool or the 20-metre swimming pool. Sauna or steam rooms.
- The Leisure Club – high-tech fitness area, including fitness classes and workout areas.
- Excellent business spaces, conference rooms and meeting rooms.
- Take a walk around the grounds, including the vineyard, the formal garden keeping a lookout for the range of wildlife.
- Restaurants – two to choose from: Redmonds or The Vines.
- Bars – two to choose from: Jacks and Morgan’s Bar, the latter where you can have afternoon tea, coffee and snacks in the afternoon, or cocktails in the evening.
- A round of golf (if it’s not too cold) on one of the two courses.
- Sit in the comfort of your luxury room and read or relax taking in the quiet.
You can understand why I have chosen such an amazing venue for my first retreat. I want everyone to feel pampered and to be able to relax in comfort after a day working hard on their PR and business. You may even want to stay on longer and make a few days of it! That’s up to you (however my fixer can arrange that).
Attending the retreat, you will get breakfast on Saturday & Sunday, a buffet lunch and a three course evening meal on the Saturday night. If you want to avail yourself of other facilities such as a spa treatment you can do so, I’d advise booking in advance (again my fixer can do that).
If you are excited about what the hotel has to offer, follow the link to read about the retreat to learn more about the weekend, and hopefully you’ll be excited about the programme.
There are limited places on my first national retreat, so please take a look and book your place:
Next week I’m going to talk about ‘why Mindset is important’ – something we will be covering on the Retreat.